Franklin B. Hough HouseEdit profile
Frankln B. Hough House was the home of the "father of American forestry," Franklin Hough. Dr. Hough was a medical doctor, scientist, historian and the first chief of the United States Division of Forestry, the predecessor of the United States Forest Service.
Located in Lowville, New York, the Hough house is a brick Italianate mansion, built in 1860. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1963, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1966.