Frank Burgess HouseEdit profile
The Frank Burgess House is a historic house at 355 Highland Avenue in Quincy, Massachusetts.
It was built in 1913 for Frank Burgess, the owner of Boston Gear Works, who paid $14,000 for it. It was one of the first commissions of Cleveland and Godfrey, who went on to build at least two schools in Quincy.
It is in a style known locally as "Prairie Bungalow", with elements of both the California Bungalow Style and the middle-west Prairie Style. It is unusual locally for its red tile roof, stucco exterior finish, and the Craftsman style portico with open rafters with shaped ends.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
OpenBuildings updated a digital referenceabout 5 years ago via Annotator
OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital referenceabout 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Natalie Snowden updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Georgi Sokolov updatedabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com