Fort Schuyler Club BuildingEdit profile
The Fort Schuyler Club Building is "significant as a rare and substantially intact example of a late 19th-early 20th century social club" in downtown Utica, New York. Early members of the club included Elihu Root, Francis Kernan, Horatio Seymour, Charlemagne Tower, and Ward Hunt.
The building, built in stages from 1830 on, is a landmark located prominently on Genesee Street, the "principal thoroughfare" of Utica. First used as a residence, the building was purchased in 1873 by the Fort Schuyler Club which had been established earlier that year.
It was listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 2004.