Fort GarrisonEdit profile
Fort Garrison, also known as Oulton's Garrison, Risteau's Garrison, and Olton's Garrison, is a historic fortification building located at Stevenson, Baltimore County, Maryland. It is a rectangular fieldstone building built about 1695. It is approximately 48 feet long and 18 feet wide with one large stone fireplace. Modifications in the early-19th century raised the height of the fort building adding a second story loft and a wood shingle roof. It was constructed following a 1693 order from Governor Francis Nicholson and his Council. The property was acquired in 1965 by the Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.