The remains of Fort Buckley, in Wellington, New Zealand, overlook the Interislander ferry terminal.
The fort was built in 1885, and included two rifled muzzle loading guns, which had a range of about three kilometres. During World War 2 an anti-aircraft gun was installed.
Today the concrete foundations of the two RML guns remain, but the anti-aircraft gun's location is harder to spot. The path to the fort has been cleared of shrub many times (the area has had several shrub fires) but the cuttings have been dumped in the gun pits and built up over time.
The land is owned by Wellington City Council, and has been set aside as a reserve.