Fort Adams, MississippiEdit profile
Fort Adams is a small, abandoned riverport in Wilkinson County, Mississippi, United States, about 40 leagues south of Natchez. It is notable for being the United States' port of entry on the Mississippi River before the acquisition of New Orleans. It was the site of an early fort by that name. The town was called Wilkinburg and was incorporated in 1798. Prior to that time the community was known as Loftus Heights and formerly had been a Jesuit mission called The Rock Of Davion, first settled as such around 1689-1700.
Coordinates: 31°05′12″N 91°32′53″W / 31.08667°N 91.54806°W / 31.08667; -91.54806