Flatiron Hotel

The Flatiron Hotel is located at 1722 St. Mary's Avenue in downtown Omaha, Nebraska. Designed by architect George Prinz and originally constructed in 1912 as an office building, in 1914 it was renovated for use as a hotel. Today the building serves as office and commercial space, as well as housing an upscale restaurant, Flatiron Cafe, in downtown Omaha. The Flatiron Hotel was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.


Drawing upon the original Flatiron Building in New York City, Augustus F. Kountze, a local banker and landowner, had the building erected as commercial and office space in 1912. The building, designed in the Georgian Revival style, is one of Omaha's most distinctive buildings. It has four-stories with a circular tower at the point of the triangle, and is highlighted by decorative brickwork. There is limestone trim around the entire building, with a brown brick exterior on the whole building.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com