Farmers and Merchants Union BankEdit profile
The Farmers and Merchants Union Bank in Columbus, Wisconsin, also known as Farmers' and Merchants' Union Bank, is the last of eight "jewel box" banks designed by Louis Sullivan, and the next to last of those being constructed.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1976.
It is located at the northwest corner of James Street and Broadway in Columbus.Movie set
The building was used as the location of a bank robbery in the 2009 Johnny Depp film Public Enemies, which was filmed in March 2008.Other Louis Sullivan "jewel boxes"
- Henry Adams Building, Algona, Iowa (1913)
- Home Building Association Company, Newark, Ohio (1914)
- Merchants' National Bank, Grinnell, Iowa (1914)
- National Farmer's Bank, Owatonna, Minnesota (1908)
- People's Federal Savings and Loan Association, Sidney, Ohio (1918)
- Peoples Savings Bank, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (1912)
- Purdue State Bank, West Lafayette, Indiana (1914)