Fan Lau Fort (Chinese: 分流炮台) is a fort in Fan Lau, the southwest corner of Lantau Island in Hong Kong. It is a declared a monument of Hong Kong.History
Zheng He once travel Fan Lau. According to Macau Gazetteer, the fort was built in 1729 during 7th year of Yongzheng during Qing Dynasty, when it was recorded that two forts were constructed on Lantau Island. It was believed that the fort was once occupied by pirates. The fort would have been retaken by government troops after the surrender of pirates to the Qing government in 1810. After the lease of the New Territories to the British in 1898, the fort was abandoned. The ruins were restored between 1985 and 1990.Structure
The fort is rectangular in shape with dimension 46 metres by 21 metres.