Evans Memorial ChapelEdit profile
Evans Memorial Chapel is a historic chapel on the campus of the University of Denver, in Colorado.
Completed in 1878 in downtown Denver, the Evans Memorial Chapel was built by Governor John Evans (University of Denver founder) in honor of his daughter Josephine, who had died a decade earlier. It was purchased by the University of Denver (DU) later on in 1958 as part of a land purchase. In 1960, the historic building was moved stone by stone to its present location on the DU campus. Currently, the Evans Memorial Chapel has no specific religious affiliation. It is widely used for wedding ceremonies year-round and student-driven religious activities during the academic year.