Etobicoke Civic CentreEdit profile
Coordinates: 43°38′38″N 79°33′56″W / 43.64389°N 79.56556°W / 43.64389; -79.56556
The Etobicoke Civic Centre in the Eatonville neighbourhood of Toronto, once housed the municipal government of the former City of Etobicoke. The building was built in 1958 to replace the single storey brick Township of Etobicoke Municipal Hall at 4096 Dundas Street (now Fox and a Fiddle). A cenotaph was raised on the site to commemorate the contribution of Etobians during the world wars. Due to amalgamation, Etobicoke is now part of the City of Toronto, and the building no longer serves as a city hall. The historic 'Applewood' Shaver House across the street is used for weddings.
The civic centre lacks any formal public space; it is surrounded by other buildings and parking lots with some trees and patches of lawns.
Located on The West Mall in central Etobicoke, the building is now home to Etobicoke Community Council, as well as a number of local municipal departments and services. A farmers' market operates from spring to fall yearly.