Esha Ness LighthouseEdit profile
Esha Ness Lighthouse is situated on the Northmavine peninsula in the north-west of the Shetland Islands, Scotland. It sometimes rendered as Eshaness Lighthouse.
The lighthouse has a tapering, square tower 12m high and was built by David Alan Stevenson, one of the famous 'lighthouse' Stevensons, between 1925 and 1929. It was built from concrete because of the unsuitability of local stone.
It flashes white every 12 seconds and has a nominal range of 25 nautical miles (46 km). The light was automated in 1974 and now also serves as holiday accommodation. It is owned by the Shetland Amenity Trust.