Erie Harbor North Pier LightEdit profile
The Erie Harbor North Pier Light, also known as the Presque Isle North Pier Light, is one of the three lighthouses near Erie, Pennsylvania in the United States. The light, situated at the far eastern end of Presque Isle State Park, helps mariners as they traverse the narrow inlet between Lake Erie and Presque Isle Bay.
Originally constructed as a wooden tower in 1830, that light was swept away by a schooner in 1857. The current structure was forged in France and assembled on site in Erie. It was moved in 1882 and again in 1940. The United States Coast Guard, which operates the beacon, changed its fixed red beam to an automated red flashing light in 1995, at which time the 4th order Fresnel lens was sent to the Erie Maritime Museum.
OpenBuildings updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via Annotator
OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Becky Bliss updated 8 mediaabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Becky Bliss uploaded 2 mediaabout 6 years ago via Mobile