The Erie Depot, officially known as the Erie Railroad Station, is located at the corner of Jersey Avenue and Fowler Street in Port Jervis, New York. It was built in 1892 as a passenger station for the Erie Railroad by Grattan & Jennings in a Queen Anne style. For many years it was the busiest passenger station on the railroad's Delaware Branch, owing to Port Jervis's position on the Delaware River near where New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania converge.
The decline in passenger rail traffic in the mid-20th century eventually led the railroad to end all passenger service between Port Jervis and Binghamton in 1970. Commuter service to Hoboken was taken over by the MTA's Metro-North Railroad shortly thereafter. Metro-North chose not to use the old station for what it called the Port Jervis Line, electing instead to build a minimalist station of its own, consisting of a parking lot, shelter and street-level concrete platform several hundred feet further down the tracks.
The old building began to decline, as the city itself did with the absence of the railroad, until it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. Since then it has been renovated and today houses several small shops on the street side.