Episcopal Church of the TransfigurationEdit profile
The Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration, an Episcopal church building in Belle Plaine, Minnesota is a Carpenter Gothic style building with wooden buttresses. Sometimes referred to as a "prairie Gothic" church, it was built in 1868 for English-speaking parishioners, but most of the rural residents at the time were German and Irish immigrants who brought their own languages and religious practices with them. The result was a church building that struggled to attract worshipers for 80 years before it was abandoned. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.