Enrollment Services Center
The Enrollment Services Center is a building at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. It houses Offices in Enrollment Services: Admissions, Orientation, Records and registration. In 1978, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic places.

History
Construction was started in 1904 after years of planning and fundraising, however, was halted in 1905 when funds ran out. After sitting uncomopleted for two years, Laverne Noyes agreed to fund the cost to complete the building with the a few conditions:
  • the building be named "Alumni Hall"
  • the Alumni Association gets office space and the use of the building once a year
  • the building be open to all students on campus.
Until 1914, the building housed the campus' only swimming pool and in 1917 it was used as an infirmary for the flu epidemic. The building also had a cafe (known as "College Inn") and bowling alley. Between 1927-1937, remodeling added more student rooms, games rooms, study rooms and offices were also added when the College Inn was closed because of the construction of the Memorial Union. The Alumni Association also relocated to the Memorial Union and the Alumni Hall was used as an administration building for the Naval Training School during World War II. After the Navy moved out in 1944, the building continued to house the YMCA, YWCA, and served as dormitories. In 1966, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic places. In 1986, the Board of Regents granted ISU approval to acquire the building from the Alumni Hall Corporation Board of Directors and in 1987, the last residents moved out and a $2.1 million dollar historic remodeling was undertaken. In 2008, the building was renamed from Alumni Hall to Enrollement Services Center to avoid confusion with the new Alumni Center (Iowa State University). The building now houses the Office of Admissions and the Office of the Registrar.

Media

2 photos