Ely-Criglar HouseEdit profile
The Ely-Criglar House (also known as the Francis R. Ely House) is a historic site in Marianna, Florida. It is located at 242 West Lafayette Street. On December 27, 1972, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. Built by slaves from native limestone, The Greek Revival structure was completed c. 1840, as the Manor House for Francis R. Ely's 1629 acre cotton plantation. "Ely Corner" is the site of The Battle of Marianna, where Federal troops attacked in September of 1864 during The War Between The States. Defending the town against the enemy were old men and boys, too old or too young for regular military service and those furloughed or home due to illness.