Elson-Dudley HouseEdit profile
The Elson-Dudley House is a historic home located at 1101 29th Avenue, Meridian, Mississippi. Built in 1894 by Julius and Dora Neubauer Elson, some of Meridian's earliest settlers, the home is a Victorian Eastlake Movement home with Queen Anne influence. The home was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 18, 1979, under the Meridian Multiple Property Submission. It is also part of Merrehope Historic District, which was listed on the National Register on September 19, 1988.
The "pink house", as it is known locally, prominently features pedimented gables, a front veranda with a corner, conical-roofed turret, and a conical roofed tower. The front porch features turned balusters with center beads and the multi-panel entrance door is headed by a stained glass transom.
The 5,000 sq ft (465 m2), 16-room mansion sits on a 29,620.8 sq ft (0.68 acre) lot and takes up half a city block. The Elson-Dudley house contains 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. The house holds 10 fireplaces, 5 chimneys, a grand staircase, and sports an asymmetrical facade.