Elko County CourthouseEdit profile
Elko County Courthouse is a historic building listed on the National Register of Historic Places and located at 571 Idaho Street in Elko, Nevada.History
The original courthouse building was finished in 1869. It was torn down in 1910 and replaced with the current building.
The site was "a scene of terror" on the night of July 18, 1870, when a giant burning chandelier fell into a throng of people.
The courthouse withstood an earthquake rated 6.0 on the Richter scale, on February 21, 2008. However, the epicenter of this earthquake was over 50 miles east, and thus only minimal shaking was felt in Elko.