Eduard Streltsov StadiumEdit profile
Eduard Streltsov Stadium, formerly Torpedo Stadium, is a multi-purpose stadium in Moscow, Russia. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home ground of Torpedo Moscow. The stadium was built in 1959. It had very modest facilities at the time and was used as a training ground by Torpedo Moscow. By 1979 the stadium had been completely overhauled. The capacity was enlarged to 16,000 and an under-soil heating system was installed, the first in Russia. The stadium was home to Torpedo Moscow from 1978 to 1996. At present the stadium holds 13,200 people. The stadium is named after Eduard Streltsov, a famous Soviet footballer who played for Torpedo Moscow.