Edmonston HouseEdit profile
The Edmonston House is located on NY 94 in the Vails Gate section of the Town of New Windsor in Orange County, New York. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1979.
Built in 1755 by William Edmonston, it was used as a headquarters during the last years of the Revolutionary War by generals Horatio Gates and Arthur St. Clair. It also served as a medical staff headquarters for the nearby encampment of the Continental Army.
Today, the house is managed by the National Temple Hill Association, along with the nearby Last Encampment, a town-owned portion of the Cantonment. It is open as a museum from 2-5 p.m. Sundays July through September.