Ebenezer Missionary Baptist ChurchEdit profile
The Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church is a structure on the National Register of Historic Places in Auburn, Alabama. Ebenezer Baptist Church was the first African American church built in the Auburn area after the end of the Civil War in 1865. That year, a plantation owner donated the property on which the church sits to one of his former slaves. Over the next few years, the church members built the church out of hand-hewn logs, transported from miles away by mules. The church was completed around 1870 and served the Ebenezer congregation until 1969. The building was restored in 1970 by the Auburn Heritage Association, and currently houses the Auburn Unitarian Universalist Fellowship.
The Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 21, 1975, and is located at 450 E. Thach Avenue in Auburn.