East Point LightEdit profile
The East Point Light, formerly named Maurice River Light, is a lighthouse located in Heislerville, New Jersey on Delaware Bay at the mouth of the Maurice River. Initially known as the Maurice River Light, the name was changed to East Point Light in 1913. The light was inactive from 1941 and was nearly destroyed by fire in 1971. The light was reinstated by the United States Coast Guard in 1980. Exterior restoration was completed in 1999.
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places as Maurice River Lighthouse, reference #95001047.Specialized Further reading
- NPS - East Point Light at Historic light stations
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: New Jersey". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office. http://www.uscg.mil/history/weblighthouses/LHNJ.asp.
- East Point Light - from Lighthousefriends.com
- For history, pictures, directions and opening schedule. From Maurice River Historical Society