Dynamo Stadium

Dinamo Stadium was built in 1928 and was able to hold 36,540 people. It was the home ground for Dynamo Moscow. It was also one of the venues of the football tournament of the 1980 Summer Olympics.


Dynamo Stadium was built in 1928 by architects Aleksandr Langman and Leonid Cherikover. An athletics track circles the football field, but is no longer in use. A momument to Lev Yashin stands at the stadium's north entrance and VIP boxes are positioned above the entrances to the north and south stands. In 2008, the stadium celebrated its 80-years anniversary.

Michael Jackson brought his HIStory World Tour to Dynamo Stadium in 1996 and Deep Purple performed there the same year.

Dynamo Stadium was closed for demolition in 2008 with the farewell match played on November 22, 2008. The stadium's main tenant, FC Dynamo Moscow, moved to Arena Khimki, a stadium in the Moscow suburb of Khimki.

  • Size of field: 105 x 68 meters
  • Capacity – 36 540
  • The grass cover – a natural
  • Dimensions board: 28 x 8,5 m
  • Lighting: 1400 lux (4 lighting towers)
  • Scoreboard – one on the western platform, electronic

Building Activity

  • removed a media
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com