Duluth and Iron Range Railroad Company DepotEdit profile
The Duluth and Iron Range Railroad Company Depot, located on Sixth Street in Two Harbors, in the U.S. state of Minnesota was built in 1907. The large two-story depot was the third depot on the site. The Minnesota Iron Company developed the Duluth and Iron Range Railway in 1883, laid out the town of Two Harbors in 1885, and built depots to conducts its business. When the rail line was completed to Duluth, it was used as a transfer point for passengers, lumber, and mining supplies. When passenger service ended in 1961, the depot was donated to Lake County.Lake County Historical Society Depot Museum
The Lake County Historical Society now uses the building as the Lake County Historical Society Depot Museum. Exhibits focus on the pioneer history of Lake County. Displays include early Native Americans, local mining and logging industries, the railroad, military service, children's toys and dolls, butterflies, and local personal collections.