DuBois Stone HouseEdit profile
The DuBois Stone House is located at 347 West Main Street, in Catskill, New York, on the west side of Catskill Creek. It was built in 1774 by Huybartus and Cornelius DuBois, sons of Benjamin DuBois, one of the original white settlers of the area. It is significant for its late 18th century architecture. After passing out of the DuBois family, the house was owned by the Washburn Brick Company, and the Union Free School District Number 1. In the 1940s it was used as a classroom for Home Economics. Later, it was used as administrative offices. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. In 2008, it is again a private residence.
This house differs from the Benjamin DuBois Stone House-Captain Martin Stone House, though the National Register of Historic Places nomination forms place them both at this address. The pictures attached to the nominations are of different houses.