Douglaston is a station on the Long Island Rail Road's Port Washington Branch in the Douglaston section of the borough of Queens in New York City. The station is at 235th Street and 41st Avenue, off Douglaston Parkway and Wainscott Avenue, and is 13.9 miles (22.4 km) from Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan. The station is part of CityTicket, and has an underground walkway between the two platforms.


Douglaston Station was originally built on October 27, 1866 by the North Shore Railroad of Long Island, a subsidiary of the New York and Flushing Railroad that named it Little Neck Station. In 1870 a new Little Neck Station was built east of this one at its present location by the Flushing and North Side Railroad, and the existing station was renamed for land-owner and developer William Douglas. In 1887 Douglas himself replaced the original station and built a Queen Anne-style building for $6,000. Long after the F&NS was acquired by the LIRR, the Douglas-built depot was torn down and replaced with a one-story Mid-Century modern station house in 1962, as was the case with many LIRR stations during the 1950s and 1960s.

Platforms and tracks

The station has two high-level side platforms each 10 cars long. The north platform next to Track 1 is generally used by westbound or Manhattan-bound trains. The south platform next to Track 2 is generally used by eastbound or Nassau County-bound trains. The branch has two tracks here.