Devinne Press BuildingEdit profile
The DeVinne Press Building, located at 393-399 Lafayette Street at the corner of East 4th Street, in the NoHo district of lower Manhattan, New York City, is a brick structure, built in 1885-1886 and designed by the firm of Babb, Cook & Willard in Romanesque Revival style. An addition was made to the building in 1892.
Theodore Low De Vinne, a leading New York typographer and printer had the building constructed for his printing company. DeVinne died in 1914, and by 1922, the company ceased operations. The building was purchased in 1982 by the late Edwin Fisher. It is now occupied by the Astor Center, owned by the Fisher family.
The Devinne Press Building was designated a New York City landmark in 1966, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.