Deutsches Bergbau-MuseumEdit profile
The German Mining Museum in Bochum (DBM), with its approximately 400,000 visitors per year, one of the most visited museums in Germany . It is one of the most important mining museums in the world and a renowned research institute of mining history .
About Exhibitions day and an authentic view mine below the open museum site visitors an insight into the world of mining . Research focus of scientists are the "history and technology of mining" and "Documentation and Protection of Cultural Property." The museum is a research institution member of the Leibniz Association .
Carriers are the DMT-Gesellschaft mbH for teaching and education as well as the city of Bochum . Friends of the Museum is the registered association "Association of Friends of Art and Culture" (VFKK), which also includes the magazine The gate out there. The German Mining Museum in Bochum is part of the route of industrial culture and home to the largest of the five planned visitor centers in the Capital of Culture in 2010 as tourist hubs in the Ruhr act, and thus central starting point for inquiries into the whole Ruhr area are.
The beginnings of the mining museum date back to the 1860s, when the Westphalian Berggewerkschaftskasse (WBK) a permanent exhibition "Mining utensils" set up in Bochum, which mainly served the mountain school. In the late 1920s were representatives of the CSEC and the City of Bochum considerations developed to establish a publicly accessible "Mining Museum".
The articles of incorporation for the "Historical Museum of Mining" was launched on 1 April 1930 between the City of Bochum and the CSEC closed, as the first hall of the museum is the old cattle hall of the disused abattoir Bochum. On the site of the slaughterhouse in 1935, designed by Fritz Schupp executed and Henry Holzapfel, a new building of the museum building with additional exhibition space. In 1936 we began construction of the mine opinion .
In 1943 the still unfinished museum buildings were largely destroyed by Allied bombing and rebuilt the view mine for the air raid. Already in 1946, was reopened with a small exhibition of the museum. In the 1950s the museum was rebuilt and enlarged in 1960, the routes of view mines with a total length of 2,510 meters removed.
The winding tower was built between 1973 and 1974 from the disused colliery Germania in Dortmund-Marten implemented to Bochum. The reaction was funded by the North Rhine-Westphalian Ministry of Culture.
In 1976, the former mining museum in "German Mining Museum Bochum" (DBM) is renamed, 1977, it is of the Bund-Länder Commission for Educational Planning and Research Promotion (BLK) recognized as a research museum and in the joint research funding by Federal and Countries included. It has since been to the institutes of the " Blue List ", now Science Association Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (WGL).
Even in subsequent years the museum has been expanded and supplemented by further research topics.
On 6 December 2009, the "Black Diamond", an extension for special offers. The building with its striking black and deep, sunlight glittering facade, designed by Benthem Crouwel Architects, presents itself as a section through a tunnel system dar.
On an exhibition area of 12,000 square meters, visitors will be the development of the mining industry from prehistoric times to the present show. The various technical areas of mining and its social and cultural aspects are presented thematically and chronologically.
Noteworthy are exhibits such as:
A seven-ton root-branched stem remains of a shed tree , out of the coal strata of Piesberg comes near Osnabrück. With an overall height of 2.5 meters and a circumference of about 5 meters, the tree is one of the largest of its kind preserved objects from the Carboniferous period .
The original of a briquette from the year 1901. The steam-driven single-crank press with a weight of 18 tons and a capacity of 4.2 tons of briquettes per hour was decommissioned in 1985 and the Museum of the Rheinbraun been transferred.
In a shaft support used so-called bobbin - winding engine . Their characteristic feature is the use of flat ropes. The above original was built around 1905 and an initial drilling , then to 1949 for coal from the mine Hanover in Bochum-Hordel used.
In the basement of the museum's machines are also a number of mining machines, due to their size and weight can not be displayed in the upper floors.
In the entrance area of the extension of Black Diamond is a black diamond with a weight of 3,401 carats on display, the 2011 Bochum by a jeweler was donated to the museum.
Dead mask of a Moche nobles (Exhibit from the special exhibition 2011/12)
There are regular special exhibitions. Of 8 May 2011 to 19th February 2012 the exhibition "Treasures of the Andes - Chile's copper for the world" was shown. The exhibition focuses on both the importance of copper for the (cultural) history of mankind from the beginning until today, as well as the economic importance of the Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile ( CODELCO ) in national and international frameworks and their days and public works facilities, to the white world's largest of this kind belong.
2006 was the mining disaster Courrières been discussed, 2007, a painting exhibition on mining works of Alexander Calvelli taken place, in 2008 there was a special exhibition to NEAT (New Railway Alps transversals).
A system of tunnels and struts in about 20 meters and a length of about 2.5 kilometers under nearly realistic conditions explains the tunneling and the mining of coal, and some safety aspects. The tunnel, however, have never been used to reduce mineral resources and are only for the purpose of the demonstration has been created.
Since 1995, there is a model of the last German horse pit Tobias to see the view mine.
The visit of mine is only contemplation partly for museum guests with walking difficulties or wheelchair suitable; monitoring and support are essential underground, but can be done by prior appointment.
The headframe , originally part of the Germania mine in Dortmund , in good weather offers a wide view over Bochum and the Ruhr .
It dates from the years 1938/39 and was also designed by Fritz Schupp. It is 71.40 meters high and 650 tons. The viewing platforms are located, accessible by elevator, and at 50 m to reach than other steps, in 62 m height.
North of the city of Bochum, near the A40.
Address: German Mining Museum, Mining Museum At 28, 44791 Bochum
Public transport: Underground line U35 , Herne - Bochum, stop "German Mining Museum"
The German Mining Museum in Bochum is doing research on mining history , which are summarized in focusing on "history and technology of mining" and "Documentation and Protection of Cultural Property." The research activities within the two areas are divided by chronological, regional or thematic criteria in research fields and core themes.
The researches are based on pre-and protohistoric archaeological investigations at Mont property in connection with scientific methods. The consideration of medieval mineral extraction, processing and smelting and their trading closes her with intensive study at the archaeological fieldwork. The modern mining history is recorded in its technical, economic as well as socio-historical implications. The study of cultural monuments (especially of technical monuments) is another focal point.
Together with the Ruhr-University Bochum , the DBM operates from 2011 to 2014 a graduate program on the topic "raw materials, innovation and technology of ancient cultures (RITaK)." In this Leibniz Graduate School eight dissertations are encouraged that deal with the impact of mining and processing of mineral raw materials on the cultural and economic development of people. Topics include: 
Prestige metals in copper and magnificent tombs of the Early Bronze Age: provenance and metallurgical knowledge
Central Asia as a raw material supplier to the Bronze Age ( Andronovo cultures )
Western Mediterranean metals trade and technology transfer of the Phoenicians
Silver and lead from Laurion
The Hellweg zone : technology and commodity transfer between Roman Empire and the "Germans"
Development and prosperity of the Saxon-Bohemian Erzgebirge
Kiril Georgiev updated 66 media, updated, updated 17 people, uploaded a person, updated 2 digital references, added 2 digital references, removed 2 media and uploaded a media fileabout a year ago via OpenBuildings.com