Detroit-Leland HotelEdit profile
The Detroit-Leland Hotel is a renovated historic hotel located at 400 Bagley Street in Detroit, Michigan, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. The ballroom of the Detroit-Leland has hosted a nightclub, the City Club, since 1983. The hotel is presently named The Leland.History
The Detroit-Leland Hotel (named for Cadillac founder Henry M. Leland) opened its doors in April, 1927. It boasted 800 air-conditioned hotel rooms, along with a dining room, coffee shop, ball room, and 11 stores at street level.Construction
The Detroit-Leland Hotel is a 22 storey building faced with brick, granite, and terra cotta. It was designed in the Beaux-Arts architectural style by the Chicago firm of Rapp & Rapp, using mainly limestone.