Deke House, the Delta Kappa Epsilon or "Deke" House on the campus of Cornell University, was built in 1893 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. It was designed by William Henry Miller to serve as a fraternity house. Two trees which Theodore Roosevelt planted in front of the house are on the National Register of Historic Trees.
It is located at 13 South Avenue in Ithaca.
The original 1893 building was designed to house only 16 students. Two sides of the exterior were clad with marble from the St. Lawrence Marble Company of Gouverneur NY. It was built on land leased to the fraternity by Cornell University. It has been occupied continuously by the fraternity since September 1894.
By 1900, the chapter's membership had expanded far beyond the capacity of the small 12 x 15 foot dining room, and the fraternity retained Miller to design an addition. Miller enclosed the loggia on the west side of the building to add 500 feet. , In 1910, the fraternity hired the architectural firm of Gibb and Waltz of Ithaca NY to design a new addition on the east side of the house. In response to objection of the professor occupying 9 South Avenue, Cornell required that the new east wall of the house not have any windows "except such as may be stationary and glazed with cathedral or prism glass or otherwise so that the interior may be invisible from the outside.” This wing brought the house to its present form.