The Daniel House is a historic home located at 2701 Woodson Drive in Knoxville, Tennessee. It was designed in 1948–1949 by James W. Fitzgibbon, and constructed by George W. Qualls.
The structure was uniquely built into a hillside from salvaged Quonset hut structural supports. The Daniels sold it to Neal Cantrell in 1961. Cantrell died in 1970 and his family let the site deteriorate. In 1982 architect Peter Calandruccio bought it for $37,000 and began renovation. In 1986, Fine Homebuilding magazine published Calandruccio’s extensive account of the renovations.
Donald Renfroe bought it for $175,000 in 1993. Current owners Justin and Alexis Whitaker purchased the home from Johnny Miller in July 2008, and have since undertaken an extensive renovation.
The house was designed in the Moderne architectural style (as opposed to Modern Architecture). It is notable for its use of indigenous East Tennessee materials and its Streamline Moderne style. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.