Dale Fort

Dale Fort is a battery site to the West of Milford Haven, Wales.

Occupied from Elizabethan times to the present day, the main buildings were built for the military protection of Milford Haven in the 1850s, but the most unusual feature is its use for trials of Edmund Zalinski's Pneumatic Dynamite Gun in the 1890s.

It has been owned by the Field Studies Council as a field centre since 1947, and is now used by many thousands of students each year. 70% of the students are A-Level biologists working on the nearby shores to understand ecology.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com