Dakota County CourthouseEdit profile
The Dakota County Courthouse, in Hastings, Minnesota, is the original courthouse for Dakota County. It was designed by A.M. Radcliff, one of Minnesota's first architects, in an Italian Villa style. Although an addition built in 1955 in an entirely different style damaged the building's integrity, the building remains a prominent structure in downtown Hastings. The courthouse served as the seat of Dakota County government from 1871 until September 1974, when the county commissioners held their last meeting in the building. It then became the Hastings City Hall in 1993.