Cuba PlantationEdit profile
Cuba Plantation is a historic plantation house located in Faunsdale, Alabama. It was built in 1850 by Andrew Pickens Calhoun as an overseer's house for this, his second plantation. His primary plantation was the nearby Tulip Hill. Andrew Calhoun was the son of John C. Calhoun, seventh Vice President of the United States. Originally a one-story structure, the house was expanded after it was sold in 1863 to Tristram Bethea. His family enlarged the ground floor and added a second story. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 13, 1993, as a part of the Plantation Houses of the Alabama Canebrake and Their Associated Outbuildings multiple property submission.