Croxall Hall is a restored and extended 16th century manor house situated at Croxall, Staffordshire (close to the southeastern border with Derbyshire and historically part of it). It is a Grade II* listed building. The manor of Croxall was owned by the Derbyshire family of Curzon and they rebuilt the old manor house in the late 16th century. It was a substantial property, taxed in 1662 for Hearth Tax purposes as having sixteen hearths. The property passed to the Sackville family following the marriage of Mary Curzon, daughter and heiress of the last male Curzon of her branch of the family, to Edward Sackville, 4th Earl of Dorset. In about 1779 the manor was sold by John Sackville, 3rd Duke of Dorset to John Prinsep a wealthy East India merchant and later Member of Parliament. His son Thomas Prinsep, ( High Sheriff of Derbyshire in 1802), left the 1,450-acre (600 ha) estate to his nephew Thomas Levett of Wychnor Hall who thereupon changed his name to Thomas Levett-Prinsep. The property was damaged by fire in 1868, but was subsequently restored and extended by architect Joseph Potter of Lichfield. The Levett-Prinsep family later moved to Devon and sold the Croxall estate. The house was again fire damaged in 1942 and the west wing was demolished.