Corbit-Sharp HouseEdit profile
Corbit-Sharp House is a historic home located at Main and 2nd Streets in Odessa, Delaware. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1967, and is included in the Odessa Historic District.
The Corbit-Sharp House is a historic house museum that is owned and operated by Historic Houses of Odessa. Furnished for the late 18th century period, the house is one of five historic properties that can be toured. Other properties managed by the organization include the 1769 Wilson-Warner House, 1700 Collins-Sharp House, 1822 Brick Hotel, and 1853 Odessa Bank. Tours are given from March through December.
William Corbit, a prominent local tanner, built the Georgian house in 1774. The house remained in the family until 1938, when it was purchased by Rodney Sharp, who restored the house and several other historically significant buildings in the town.