Copenhagen Central StationEdit profile
The first Central Station in copenhagen was built in 1847 to serve the first 30km railway line in Denmark from Copenhagen to Roskilde. The orginal sation was located on the same location as the present day central station. As the railway network expanded the second central station was built in 1864.
The third and present station is the centre/hub for all train traffic in the country, served by S-trains, regional, intercity and international train services. The new City Ring and the Metro's fully automatic trains will serve Copenhagen Central in 2018.
Renovations of the station have taken place in the 1980s. Lifts, Escalators, a shopping arcade and resturant facilities were all created. The most recent restoration took place from 2004-08, bringing the platforms up to international standards.