Connecticut Trolley Museum
Founded in 1940, the Connecticut Trolley Museum is the oldest incorporated museum dedicated to electric railroading in the United States. The museum is located in East Windsor, Connecticut, and is open to the public most of the year, featuring static displays and self-guided tours of the state's trolley history.

Heritage railroad
The museum operates a 1.5 mile heritage railroad over the original right-of-way of the Hartford and Springfield Street Railway Company. Unlimited rides on cars are included in the admission for the day. A minimum of two different cars are run each day. Many times up to eight cars will be rotated through during the day giving an opportunity to experience many different types of street cars and interurbans.

The museum has a diverse collection of equipment from the trolley era to help tell the story of the trolley era and its impact on society. Most of the equipment is stored in one of 4 car barns, the Visitor Center, or the car shop. The Connecticut Trolley Museum has one or more of the following cars operating for the public when the museum is open:
  • Rio de Janeiro Tramways car 1850
  • Montreal Tramways cars 4 and 2600
  • Connecticut Company car 1326
  • Springfield Terminal combine car 16
  • Illinois Terminal Railroad PCC car 451
  • New Orleans Public Service car 836
  • Fair Haven and Westville Railroad car 355
  • Boston Elevated Railway Type 5 car 5645
In addition, the museum is currently working on the following cars in the restoration shop:
  • Connecticut Company car 840
The Main Hall of the Visitor Center is set up with an exhibit detialing the progression of the era and its impact on society. The following cars are on display in the Visitor Center:
  • Northern Ohio Traction and Light parlor car 1500
  • Springfield Electric Railway combine car 10
  • Five Mile Beach Electric Railway car 36
  • Ponemah Mills Locomotive 1386
  • Shaker Heights Rapid Transit car 1201

Special events
The museum is known for and set the standard for special events held throughout the year, including Winterfest which features "The Tunnel of Lights" (Thanksgiving through New Years), and "Rails to the Darkside" and "Pumpkin Patch" (October). Be sure to check out their website for calendar and details.

Connecticut Fire Museum
Located on the same property is the Connecticut Fire Museum which exhibits antique fire apparatus and motor coaches. A full-service restaurant located in an old railroad passenger car is also located on the museum property.