Congress TheaterEdit profile
Coordinates: 41°55′12″N 87°41′32″W / 41.92°N 87.69222°W / 41.92; -87.69222
The Congress Theater in Chicago, built by Fridstein and Company in 1926 for the movie theater chain of Lubliner and Trinz, is a surviving example of a movie palace. It features ornate exterior and interior design work, in a combination of the Classical Revival and Italian Renaissance styles.
The Congress Theater could seat over 2,900 moviegoers, and also has storefronts facing the streets. The theater is currently used as a live music venue. It is located at 2117-2139 N. Milwaukee Avenue and was designated a Chicago Landmark on July 10, 2002.
In August 2008, pop punk band Paramore recorded a live CD/DVD titled The Final Riot! at the theater. It was released in November 2008. Dragon Gate USA began using the venue for its professional wrestling shows in 2009.