Comstock-Harris House

The Comstock-Harris House is a historic home in Winter Park, Florida. It is located at 724 Bonita Drive. On January 13, 1983, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.


Built by William C. Comstock, a Chicago businessman, in 1871, the Comstock-Harris House, also known as Eastbank, is the oldest surviving home in Winter Park. It is situated on the east bank of Lake Osceola. Originally a winter cottage, it consists of three floors and three stairways. The main staircase turns in front of a stained glass window. Red bricks make up the foundation of the house as well as the six interior fireplaces. The original color of the house was yellow with dark green trim. Before the grounds were subdivided, they consisted of sixty acres. Camphor trees lined the long drive that led to the house, which is now Bonita Drive. It is now a private residence.

References and external links

  • Orange County listings at National Register of Historic Places
  • Orange County listings at Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs