Compuware World HeadquartersEdit profile
Compuware World Headquarters is located at One Campus Martius, in downtown Detroit, Michigan. It began construction in 2000, and finished in 2003. It has at 18 floors in total, 16 above-ground, and 2 below-ground, and has 1,088,000 square feet (100,000 m2) of office space. The high-rise is used as an office building, a restaurant, retail space for Compuware, and has a fitness center inside, as well as an atrium.
The building was constructed in the late-modernist architectural style, using glass, granite, and limestone as its main materials. AIA Detroit's Urban Priorities Committee rated the building's entry as one of the top ten Detroit interiors.History
The building sits on the Kern Block which was once home to the Kern Department store. The store had existed in some form or another on this site since 1900. The last incarnation of the store was demolished in 1966, and the area remained greenspace until 1999 when Campus Martius Park began to take shape. Compuware moved its headquarters and 4,000 employees to a newly constructed building on the site in 2003.Quicken Loans joined Compuware in moving its headquarters and 1,700 employees to the building in 2010.Description
The headquarters facility, completed in 2002, has 16 floors and 1,088,000 square feet (101,100 m2) of space. The headquarters facility includes an on-site daycare, a 38,000 square feet (3,500 m2) fitness center, and 55,000 square feet (5,100 m2) of retail space.Facts
- The building's water feature was designed by WET Design, the same people who designed the fountains at Bellagio and the Winter Olympic cauldron. It features fifteen glass "kites" and, at more than 14 stories tall, represents the largest indoor, hanging water feature in the world.
- The building has 280,000 square feet (26,000 m2) of glass.
- A Hard Rock Cafe was opened in late 2003 on the dining level.
- The building has the ability to be expanded by 350,000 square feet (33,000 m2) to the north by filling in the missing "wedge" in the back of the building.
- The entire 14th floor includes an outdoor observation deck around the interior.
- Like numerous buildings in the Western world, this one does not include a labelled 13th floor.
- The top two floors, (15 and 16) house mechanical services exclusively.
- This 2,200-space parking structure stands 45-meter tall with 12-stories (2 underground floors).
- This parking structure includes over 20,600 square feet (1,910 m2) of retail and office space on its first floor, and a 2,891-square-foot (269 m2) daycare center on its second level.
- The Compuware Garage is home to the Cadillac Center Station on the Detroit People Mover route.
Compuware World Heaquarters with Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument and Woodward Fountain.
Ice skaters in Campus Martius Park in front of Compuware World Headquarters
Right outside entrance, looking upwards.
Atruim waterfall by elevators.
Light enters from above to illuminate hanging glass sculpture.
Interior glass looks on to atruim.
Hard Rock Cafe sign on the outside of Compuware World Headquarters for the park.
Compuware World Headquarters near Cadillac Square.
Compuware World Headquarters facing the Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument.