Cold Spring Harbor Light

Cold Spring Harbor Light was a lighthouse located in Cold Spring Harbor on the North shore of Long Island. It was built in 1890 to mark a shoal at the entrance to Cold Spring Harbor. After the lighthouse was deactivated in 1965, the original light and tower were purchased by a private individual and moved to its current location on land, 1 mile (1.6 km) to the southwest. An automated light tower and day beacon were erected on the original caisson, and continue to serve as a navigation aid.



2 photos

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated 9 media, updated a digital reference, uploaded a media file and added a digital reference
    xekw coldspringharbor
    about 4 years ago via
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator