Colburn School

Colburn School is a historic school at 136 Lawrence Street in Lowell, Massachusetts.

Named for Warren Colburn, a superintendent of the Merrimack Manufacturing Company, the Greek Revival school was built in 1848 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. The style is typical of pre-war institutional construction in Lowell, such as Old City Hall, the Market House, and the original Varnum School .

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com