City Point Community ChurchEdit profile
The City Point Community Church (also known as the Brevard County Environmental Field Station) is a historic church in Cocoa, Florida, United States. It is located at 3783 North Indian River Drive.
It was designed by A.L. Hatch and built by John M. Sanders, who completed the work on November 1, 1885. The structure served as the beginning congregation for several churches, including the United Methodist Church of Cocoa, Church of Christ, Church of God, Primitive Baptist Church, Calvin Baptist Church, Indian River Baptist Church, Baptist Enterprise Church, and the First Apostolic Temple. The building was used as a school until 1924. Picnics, dances, political rallies, a precinct voting station and observation tower during World War II were some of the uses the community found for the building.
On June 20, 1995, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.References and external links
- Brevard County listings at National Register of Historic Places
- Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs
- Brevard County markers
The building is now home to the Brevard Heritage Council.