Church of the IncarnationEdit profile
The Church of the Incarnation built in 1896 is an historic Carpenter Gothic Episcopal church building located at 111 North 5th Street in Highlands, Macon County, North Carolina. The Rev. John A. Deal, the first Episcopal missioner in Macon County, was responsible for founding the Church of the Incarnation as well Saint Agnes Episcopal Church in Franklin, the county seat. In 2002, a new sanctuary was built on the property and the 1896 building became the chapel. On May 16, 1996, the 1896 church building was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
The Church of the Incarnation is still an active parish in the Episcopal Diocese of Western North Carolina. The interim rector is the Rev. Denson Franklin, while the search is made for a new rector.