Church of the Holy AscensionEdit profile
The Church of the Holy Ascension was built in 1826 by the Russian American Fur Company. It played a significant role in evangelizing the indigenous people in then-Russian Alaska. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1970.
It was restored in 1998. The church is part of the Orthodox Church in America Diocese of Alaska.