Church of the Good ShepherdEdit profile
The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd is an historic Carpenter Gothic church located at 1448 Highway 107 South in Cashiers, North Carolina. On February 20, 1986, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register listing
- Church of the Good Shepherd (added 1986 - Building - #86000317)
- NC 107 at SR 1118, Cashiers
- Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
- Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown
- Architectural Style: Gothic
- Area of Significance: Architecture, Social History
- Period of Significance: 1875-1899
- Owner: Private
- Historic Function: Religion
- Historic Sub-function: Religious Structure
- Current Function: Religion
- Current Sub-function: Religious Structure
The Church of the Good Shepherd is still a functioning parish. The current rector is the Rev. Dr. Virginia Hill Monroe.