Christ Church, WheelockEdit profile
Christ Church, Wheelock is a situated on Crewe Road and serves the ancient township of Wheelock, Cheshire, England. It is a member of Churches Together in Sandbach.History
The Ackers/Shakerley family, the owners of Little Moreton Hall, had the Church built. The Church was built on the land of Wheelock Hall, which was owned by the Ackers. In 1836 the nave of the church was built and named The Episcopal Chapel of Ease. For 8 years the building was used. In 1843 the Bishop of Chester dedicated the church to Christ and the church therefore became Christ Church. The church is built in brick with lancet windows and the chancel was added in 1903, the architect being Alfred Price. The church is unusual as the church was built facing west. The churchyard is laid out conventionally as the headstones are at the west end of the graves.