China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel (Simplified: 中国大酒店; Traditional: 中國大酒店) is a 5-star Marriott Hotel in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.Ownership
Guangzhou Lingnan International Enterprise Group Co. LtdManagement
Marriott International, Inc.History
China Hotel was built in 1979 by the Hong Kong listed conglomerate Hopewell Holdings Ltd (controlled by Sir Gordon Wu) under a novel contractual agreement that came to be known as Build-Operate-Transfer, a means of building and operating joint ventures with local authorities in China. This arrangement allowed a foreign partner to build a facility at its own expense, operated it for an agreed length of time to generate a return on its investment, then hand it over to a local partner at no cost.
China Hotel first opened on the 18th of June 1984 and became the first hotel managed by Marriott in Mainland China in 1998. China Hotel became China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel.
In 2008, the hotel was fully renovated and offers 850 Guest rooms.Hotel Facilities
China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel, offers:
- 850 Guest rooms (including 300 Suites and Studios)
- 8 Restaurants and Bars
- 16 Meeting rooms, including a large Ballroom (25,058 sq.ft of total meeting space)
- Health Club with Gym, outdoor Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room
- 151 Apartments
- Shopping and entertainment:
China Hotel, Marriott Hotel offers a large Shopping Arcade with fashion and beauty shops, including international banking, fine gifts and a trendy coffee shop.
Nearby the Hotel: Beijing Road Pedestrian Shopping Street - Huanshi Middle Road (Commercial and Shopping District) - Pearl River Night Cruise
- Parks and museums:
Yue Xiu Park/Guangzhou History Museum - Liu Hua Lake Park - Lanpu Orchid Garden - Museum of the Western Han Dynasty Mausoleum of the Nanyue King - Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall - Chen Clan AcademyAccess
- Airports: Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport: 35 km/21.7 miles
- Train Station: Guangzhou East Railway Station: 11 km/5.6 miles (to Hong Kong and Shenzhen)
- Subway station near the Hotel: Line 2, Yuexiu Park, Exit D1
- Bus station near the Hotel: Express Coach to/from Hong Kong downtown, Hong Kong International Airport and Macau